Position Responsibilities and Objectives
The Associate, Development and Investor Relations is an integral member of the Development team and helps ensure sustainable funding and an exceptional investor experience. The Associate is responsible for the administrative and management support for all development functions including engagement, solicitation, closure and relationship management of current and potential VPP investors. The role requires the Associate to use a “project management” approach to: 1) prioritize multiple demands; 2) coordinate key members of the team; 3) stay on task to advance the work; 4) ensure timely follow-up; and 5) “close” the loop on all critical assignments.
The Associate reports to the VP of Development and Investor Relations and works closely with the CEO, Board, Development Committee, VPP Investors, senior staff and program teams.
• Support all VPP efforts to sustain and grow a community of supporters
• Provide strategic administrative support to VP and development team
• Help identify prospects and conduct research on prospects, connectors, and stakeholders
• Prepare for development committee/ working group meetings and weekly staff meetings including managing prospect lists, tracking action steps, distributing agenda and other relevant meeting items
• Support proposal development and solicitations
• Plan logistics for investor and prospect events including helping to create invitee lists, tracking RSVPs, staffing events, budget management, providing day-of-event support etc.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of donor and prospect communications in Salesforce database
• Prepare regular Salesforce reports on development progress and metrics
• Coordinate site visits for investors
• Acknowledge and report on investments
• Work closely with the Communications team on development related items such as email blasts and invitations and talking points for VPP events
• Support all elements of developing and stewarding strategic partnerships including but not limited to grant applications and reporting
• Provide consistently high quality communications internally and externally
• College degree
• Three to five years’ work experience supporting a development function
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience with Salesforce, LexisNexis and WealthEngine a plus
• Graphic design skills a plus
Competitive and commensurate with experience, generous benefits package available to all staff.
To learn more about VPP visit our website www.vppartners.org
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “VPP Search.”