POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
The External Affairs Associate is an integral member of the External Affairs team and helps ensure sustainable funding, an exceptional investor experience, and strong and consistent communications. The Associate is responsible for administrative and management support for all development and communications functions including research, engagement, and relationship management of current and potential VPP investors as well as special events and social media support. The role requires the Associate to use a “project management” approach to: 1) prioritize multiple demands; 2) coordinate key members of the team; 3) stay on task to advance the work; 4) ensure timely follow-up; and 5) “close” the loop on all critical assignments.
The Associate reports to the VP of External Affairs and works closely with the CEO, Board, Development Committee, VPP Investors, senior staff and program teams.
- Research – conduct research on prospects, connectors, and stakeholders & compile briefing memos
- Data Management – enter and maintain data into Salesforce: maintain accurate and complete records of donor and prospect moves management and communications in Salesforce; Maintain and update electronic mailing lists and media contact lists;
- Reporting & Acknowledgements – manage gift acknowledgements and pledge reminders, prepare regular Salesforce reports on development progress and metrics, as well as social media reporting
- Special Events – assist in event planning, implementation and logistics including tracking RSVPs, expenses, preparing collateral, and briefings
- Website & Social Media – Manage an editorial calendar for blogs and social media; create, source and post new content on the VPP website, twitter, facebook, etc.
- Administrative Management – Organize weekly development & strategic partnership meetings, including managing agendas, prospect pipelines, action items, and regular reporting on progress and metrics
- Board Support – Support the Development & Governance Committees, including scheduling and preparing agendas, minutes and action items
- Support all VPP efforts to sustain and grow a vibrant community of supporters
- Provide consistently high-quality communications internally and externally
- General administrative support
• College degree
• Three to five years’ work experience supporting a communication, development or similar function
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and social media
• Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Graphic design skills a plus
Competitive and commensurate with experience, generous benefits package available to all staff
To learn more about VPP visit our website www.vppartners.org
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “External Affairs Associate”. No calls, please.